Look up each of the verses below and write down Bible principles that you can learn from them about this virtue. A “principle” is a “truth you can live by.”
Even after becoming Christians we still struggle with sin. We will not get rid of the struggle with sin until we get to heaven. Therefore, we often need God’s forgiveness. We also must learn to forgive those who hurt us.
1. What principles do we learn about God’s forgiveness?
1a) Ps 32:1
1b) Ps 86:5
1c) Isa 55:7
2. How does God describe the effects of salvation with regard to forgiveness? Ps 103:12
3. When a Christian sins, what can he do to be forgiven?
3a) Ps 51:1-3
3b) Pr 28:13
3c) 1Jo 1:9
4. Where does God say he will do with our confessed sins?
4a) Mic 7:19
4b) Eph 1:7
4c) Col 1:14
5. What has God done to help a sinning Christian? 1Jo 2:1
6. What principles do we find about forgiving others?
6a) Mt 6:12
6b) Mt 6:14
6c) Mt 6:15
6d) Mt 18:21-22
7. Once a person has repented how are we to treat him?
7a) 2Co 2:7
7b) Eph 4:32
7c) Col 3:12-13